Having attended a recent Indeed Explore event here in Sydney, Australia
“The Science of Talent Attraction: Understanding What Makes People Click” - it made me take a step back and think about how internal recruitment has changed over the last few years. The switch to mobile friendly application processes; making sure the application experience that the job seeker has is as smooth and clear as possible, as well as making sure that we understand the analytics behind the cost per hire.
There were several interesting points in the presentation that I thought were worth sharing:
- Online job search is the number one activity that jobseekers use when looking and applying for new jobs. This could be using a job search engine like Indeed or job boards or company career sites.
- 65% of candidates worldwide look at new jobs again on Indeed within 91 days of being hired.
- After family and health, career events have the biggest impact on stress and happiness. You can compare retirement and dismissal from work at similar levels of stress as to marriage and death of a close family member in line with the Holmes and Rahe Stress Scale.
- 44% of jobseekers will browse and apply for jobs using both desktop and mobile.
- A company will lose 44.1% of applications if there are 20 or more online screener questions. Jobseekers will lose interest and either withdraw or not finish their application.
So if you work in internal recruitment or talent acquisition, make sure your that you keep yourself up to date with new ideas of attracting the best talent!