About the job
- An excellent opportunity to join our Engineering group as a hands-on Quality Assurance Automation Engineer.
- Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, you contribute to our testing strategy and help enhance our automation coverage.
- You will work as part of a team and be comfortable working across different work streams.
How you will spend your day:
- The Quality Assurance Automation Engineer is responsible for contributing to the testing
- strategy as part of a collaborative and cross functional team.
- The role is responsible for contributing to the quality review of various application suites, which includes creating test plans and strategy, in partnership with the developers, Project Managers, Business Intelligence.
- The QA Automation Engineer will be an advocate for DevOps practices with a strong focus on delivery.
- They will use their experience in previous QA teams to help enhance our testing offering.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Reviews and re-evaluates test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities and schedules.
- Demonstrates an aptitude to understand system design.
- Good communications skills with experience in working as part of a team.
- Contributes to formulating QA standards, best practices and processes and strategic plans.
- Proven experience as QA Automation Engineer.
- Strong Development skills in python
- Hands on Experience with Agile related methodologies
- Proven Track record of formulating, evolving and executing testing strategies
- Strong testing skills and awareness of best practice industry techniques in relation to
- Performance & Security Testing.
- Ability to create and maintain concise, accurate and accessible technical documentation.
- Exposure to UI Automation tools
- Ability to design, document and develop Test plans and Test cases in line with system requirements.
- UI test automation experience using Selenium or similar and understanding of test approached e.g. Page Object Model.
- API test automation experience using Python, C#, Postman or similar
- Previous experience working in an agile software delivery process e.g. Scrum or Kanban
- Experience with source control systems e.g. TFS (Azure Dev Ops), Git
- Good appreciation of software security concepts
Experience with the following is an advantage:
- Familiarity with QA/Test processes in a Cloud Platform
- Proficiency in tools like Git, Azure Dev Ops Build and Release Pipelines
- PAAS and IAAS offerings - App Services, Azure SQL DB, VM Scale Sets
- Automated Regression Testing Frameworks
- Setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM or similar CRMs.
- Continuous Integration Tooling - Jenkins, Azure Dev Ops,
- Experience with Application and API performance and load testing
- Familiarity with technologies used in the customer service industry, CRM, ECM,
- voice systems, chat bots, mobile apps
Our ideal candidate:
- Motivated and enthusiastic - can work on own initiative to conceive and drive initiatives to streamline our QA processes.
- Comfortable with prioritisation and multi-tasking across multiple work streams.