The Role - What is recruitment?
In a nutshell it's helping job seekers find their dream next role, and helping businesses find the best talent, but it doesn't stop there. It also requires you to build relationships beyond the recruitment process itself, creating a community that you can genuinely partner with, advise and give market insights to.
At Morgan McKinley we are a team of ambitious, collaborative and down to earth individuals, who genuinely believe in improving the lives of our candidates, our clients and our colleagues.
The role is a '360 degree' recruitment one (i.e. working with both clients and candidates, nurturing them through the entire recruitment process and beyond), and includes:
- Building your network of client contacts through business development activities.
- Partnering with our key accounts across Financial Services and Commerce and Industry, and leveraging MMK's brand and position as a tier 1 supplier to the majority of the ASX 20.
- Candidate sourcing using tools like LinkedIn Recruiter, Seek Profiles etc, and building a community in your area of expertise.
- Consulting to your clients and candidates throughout recruitment processes; e.g. taking a job brief, identifying the best suited candidates for opportunities, arranging interviews, reference checks etc.
- Building your expertise and brand in your market and sharing insights through attending/running networking events, writing blogs/articles, partnering with external associations.
What can Morgan McKinley offer?
- Exciting and dynamic role with more time out meeting people than sat behind a desk
- Work for a multiple-award winning agency with an enviable global brand reputation, and established and impressive leadership team
- A competitive base salary along with a lucrative, transparent and monthly commission structure; be rewarded for the work you put in!
- Long-standing preferred supplier relationships with high-profile companies across financial services, government and commerce. You will join an established business with a vast number of existing (and strong!) relationships and accounts for you to work with, meaning you will find success quickly.
- Go Beyond trips overseas to Bali and Queenstown
- Additional leave days and regular incentives such as high performers' lunches, 4 hour Fridays and travel vouchers
- Monthly /quarterly team nights out, fresh fruit in the office, beer and wine in the fridge
- Support and encouragement to give something back to the community, through our award-winning Corporate Social Responsibility program
- We have a high-performing culture including fantastic mentors to learn from in your first recruitment role.
- Industry-leading training and development, structured to develop you through to experienced consultant, with genuine career progression tailored to your strengths and aspirations.
Find out more, including stories from our own people, at careers.morganmckinley.com
What are we looking for?
Our successful Consultants demonstrate a strong commitment to their work and a proven track record of achievement.
In addition, we look for the following:
- Prior experience in Sales / Account Management / Business Development etc would be an advantage; as well as ambitious professionals from the areas we recruit into, looking for a change in career.
- Driven to achieve & exceed targets.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and try new things, happy to use initiative.
- Outstanding communication and influencing/interpersonal skills;
- Professional/self-motivated demeanour and attitude, a team player;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking across a broad range of exciting projects
- Strong written skills to write adverts, blogs and newsletters
*Please note - You must have permanent residency or Australian citizenship to apply at this time.
To find out more
Apply now with your resume and cover letter, or for a confidential discussion please contact Steph Newth on +61(0)2 8986 3102.
Morgan McKinley is a global professional staffing and talent management company. Boasting year on year growth for 11 years and led by the Founding MDs, our Sydney business has a passion for people and our core purpose is improving lives.
Morgan McKinley prides itself on exceptional levels of service, an in-depth knowledge of our markets, a determination to be the best and above all a proven track record of success.